Steps for Selling a Home

If you’ve been thinking about selling a Lake of the Ozarks home, but just aren’t sure where to begin - this is for you. I am a very experienced real estate agent at the Lake of the Ozarks, and I am proud to live here and work here. I love this area, which is why I love helping people achieve their real estate goals by either selling a Lake home to upgrade or helping you buy your first home at the Lake of the Ozarks. Selling can seem intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Here are a few stages that you’ll go through as you start the selling process, and how I can help you through each.


Learn Your Homes Value

This isn’t just about the condition of your home. You know how much you spent on your home, you know how much the bathroom renovation cost, and you know how much the homes around you are going for. What you really need to know is what your home’s market value is. I can help you look out your home and get a practical plan for how much your home will be worth to a buyer. This can include details about the current real estate market, it can include recent comparable sales and an opinion of your home’s value.

Assess Your Home’s Condition

When you are selling your home, you can no longer look at it through the eyes of “my home.” You have to now look at is as someone with a very critical eye, and as someone who will be making a large investment. Most likely, you’re going to have to do some work on your home before you sell it. There will probably be repairs, unfinished projects that need to be completed, and the general condition of your home overall. Knowing what your home needs early on can help you get started and aim you towards a successful sale.

Do Your Homework

After we sit down and discuss the details about your home, you may have some assignments or things to do. As you get your home ready for sale, you may have to hire some people to come out and complete some jobs. I can refer some incredible businesses at the Lake who can help. Get bids on what needs to be done, get a good understand of how much work you need to do, and then determine what you’re willing to do. Let’s prioritize the list and get things lined up in the order of most important.

Set Your Deadline

You’ll want to pick a date to get your property officially “listed” and work back from there. The photos of your home are incredibly important, as well as the curb appeal that will attract a buyer right off the bat. Plan to get all of your outside work done before the photo shoot, and try to plan the photo shoot when the house will look it’s best. It’s obvious that a lake home in the dead of winter with no leaves is not nearly as inviting as a home sitting in the middle of green woods overlooking the Lake of the Ozarks with warm sunshine. I can help you set a realistic timeline and get things going.


Read to Sell?

Let me help you sell your home. I am excited to put my expertise to work for you. Let’s work on selling your home as fast as possible for the highest amount - does that sound good? I thought so! Lake of the Ozarks real estate can be an exciting process, and you may find that it’s not nearly as hard as you thought. Visit my website to learn more, or give me a call at the number below!

Here For All Your Real Estate Needs At Lake Of The Ozarks!


573-216-8439

View my website
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Google+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Fun Facts About The Lake of the Ozarks

Christmas and NYE FUN at the Lake of the Ozarks

5 Reasons To Live HERE!