9 Questions To Ask Your Real Estate Agent

A very important part of selling your home is having the best real estate agent at the Lake of the Ozarks working for you.  You can have the most beautiful home in the world for sale, but if your realtor doesn't know what they are doing, it could sit unsold for a very long time.  Here are a few questions that a good real estate agent should be able to easily answer.  




  
1. How long have you been in the real estate business?

Experience comes with time.  You can learn about real estate from classes, but the best knowledge comes from on-the-job experience.   

2.  How much education have you received?

Things change constantly with real estate, and keeping up with current trends is very important.

3. Can you recommend qualified people to work with to get my house sold?  (mortgage brokers, home stagers, repairmen, etc...)

A good realtor knows the most qualified and well-trusted people in the business. 

4. What type of support does your real estate agency offer you?

A great team, like my Gattermeier Davidson Real Estate team, offers each other support and helpful resources.  

5. How many clients are you currently working with?

If an agent is in high demand, they are probably pretty good.  On the other hand, the fewer clients, the more time that they can spend on you.  You may have to go with your gut instinct on this one after speaking to the realtor and getting to know them.

6. Can you explain the process to me?  Will you be handling all aspects of the transaction, or will some be delegated to others?

Your agent should be able to talk you through everything in a way that is intelligent and easy for you to understand.  

7. What are your plans for marketing my home?

You want to make sure that your realtor has many successful ways to get your home in front buyers.  Sticking a sign in the yard is not enough!

8. How often will you communicate with me?  How will you communicate?

Know ahead of time when you can expect updates from your agent, and how they prefer to contact you.  Phone, email, in-person meetings...

9.  What else do I need to know before selling my house?

You may not have thought of every question you should ask, but an honest real estate agent will make sure that you are informed about everything that is important about selling your home.  


If you'd like to get to know me a little better, read my "Dan Ralston Blog" and then give me a call so that I can answer your questions personally.  I have been living in and working with real estate at the Lake of the Ozarks for many years now, and I am sure that I can help you to get that house sold.    


Here for all of your real estate needs!



573-365-1555

View my website
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Google+


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Fun Facts About The Lake of the Ozarks

Christmas and NYE FUN at the Lake of the Ozarks

5 Reasons To Live HERE!